What is a resession proof job?

Health care? Nursing home? What job do you think yeah we need more good people in that field?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Undertakers.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't think there is any such thing. Health care is NOT recession proof at all. I work at a hospital and I have mandated nurses OFF because the patient population is low and there is no work for them. People are always going to get sick but if they can't pay for care they will not seek it. Contrary to what many people may believe, medical professionals do get laid off just like everyone else.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 5:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think health care is pretty safe for the most part.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't think there is one.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't know if theres so such a thing, these days anybody could get laid off.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• the unemployment office
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• There isn't a such thing as a "Recession Proof Job". Every job in the United States (for example) has the ability to shut down or be forced to lay off. In the last two years the Health Care system has had to lay off considerably due to cut backs. This includes Hospitals, private practacies, Urgent care, and the-like. The Recession doesn't determin so much what job fails or succeeds, it's the job itself in how they manage their finaces during a recession. You cannot save yourself 100%, but you can better your chances if you're smart. That's why places such as Walmart, Meijer, and Target have remained open, because they have changed their buisness thinking to fit the hard times. Whereas other places have not and have closed down. Nothing is safe though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Everyone is laying off. Even my DS school has les aids in the class rooms now. Instead of every k room having one two rooms share and instead of 1-2 having 2-3 floating aides to share they have NONE.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Congress Critter

Everyone else is free game when it comes to being hit by the recession . By being hit I'm not just talking unemployment, I'm also including: Cuts in hours, cuts in wages, cuts in benefits, wage/raise freezes..............
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• mortician

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010