im 8 months and i have gestational diabetes and i was wondering what should i eat to control it because my son is 5 pounds and if the diabetes doesnt get under control he will b 10 pounds when he get here and will it go away after pregnancy

neice88

Asked by neice88 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• They should be sending you to a dietician to give you ideas and samples of what to eat to help you control it - I couldn't control mine with food alone and it depends on your numbers and your body so I don't think anyone will be able to tell you exactly what to eat - they won't let your baby get to be 10 lbs.. you should now be getting weekly ultrasounds to monitor baby..!~~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You need to get the diet from your doctor!! It's very specific.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• stay away from corn potatoes and pasta and yes it should go away but they say if you have it during your pregnecy you could get it later in life and if you can work out
    kat116

Answer by kat116 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Try to stay away from a lot of carbs and sugars. Stick with high protein and fiber. Drink tons of water and exercise. Walking is great.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Talk to a your dr because every person is different when they have GD. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• This sounds like a question you need to ask your doctor. Only your doctor knows what's best for you and your baby.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had to give up Pepsi and Snickers bars with my oldest daughter because I was border line. Good luck to you! I think just eat healthy and stay away from the snacks. The best thing would probably be to talk to your doctor about it.
    badmoparmom

Answer by badmoparmom at 4:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Eat carbs but not too much. These convert to sugar when eaten and will make your glucose rise. Don't cut them out because your baby needs some to develop properly.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• You should see a dietitiian. I had GB when I was pregnant, and I was on a strict diet. He was almost a 10lb baby, but he came 2 weeks early at 8lbs... Dr said If I would have went 2 more weeks he could have been 10-11lbs.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2011