diabetics

hi moms my little health 7 year old boy who is a big strong boy who didnt eat alot of sweets only as a treat which has nothing to do with this has been diagonised as a diabetic i am so heart broken.he is a very good eater and has always eaten health but he is a very trational eater who doesnt like to try new foods how do i get him to do this for me he just refused to try new food.has any one got a diabetic child that can help me out.in saying he is fantastic in injecting him self every day like a man and just accepted this so well.i would love to hear from others moms goins through this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• You are not at fault, he was probably diagnosed with the type that just happens. It has nothing to do with what he ate or didn't eat. Follow what the doctor says and get him to exercise, it will help. My friends 5 year old has diabetes and I think it is Type 1, the type that just happens. Contact the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation for more information. Ask your doctor for sources too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010