Why did you vote "yes" on Prop 8?

If you voted "yes" on Prop 8, what was your reasoning? I think it was wrong to even have to vote on Prop 8 and don't want to push my religion on anyone but, I voted "yes" because I had to answer for myself and my religion. I would have felt bad voting no and I feel bad that I voted yes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i followed my convictions, beliefs, and values.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I don't think it is natural or right to be gay..just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I believe marriage should be between a man and a women. that is why God gave us sexual parts that go together. I don't hate gays I just don't agree with that lifestyle, at all.

NicoleMarie02

Answer by NicoleMarie02 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Answer #3 - you can move on if you like. This question is meant for people who want to explain why they voted this way without bashing. I'm only remaining anon. because my voting record is personal to me.
    Anonymous

• Because I don't want my children to be taught that there is no difference between a man and a woman and a woman and a woman being married. There is a difference in my opinion and don't want it taught to my children that there isn't.
    Anonymous

• The gays and the lesbians won't let them move on they will protest and make everyones life hell till they get their way, that's what ya get when you invite uncle sam to make a rule, now go cry to another state if you wanna live gay, maybe another state would welcome a gay population.
    Anonymous

• I Voted YES because I do not believe our constitution needs to be re-written to change the "DEFINITION" of marriage...everything is fine that way it is and has been for a long time now!
    Anonymous

• don't teach my kids that crap . we don't allow religion to be taught in school so why are gonna let them teach our kids the king and king ?? we are also native american and are gonna have some problems with ol columbus too.
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i never said i was right but i am saying it is ignorant to think that people don't deserve to be married just because they are same sex. it is blind and ignorant of people to think that if they hide this from their kids it will just go away. it is ignorant to think that if you deny "gay people" thier basic rights they will go away! it is not an attack, an attack is saying that gay people need to "get over it" there is no getting over it. how would you feel to be told you could not marry your hubby because he has red hair or because you have blue eyes? Or be told you could not marry and live happily because one of you is from california and the other is from utah? its dumb and ignorant. and who are you to tell me im not qualified to make an opinion?
    punkomama08

Answer by punkomama08 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I Voted YES because I do not believe our constitution needs to be re-written to change the "DEFINITION" of marriage..

its the YES on 8 group which seeks to modify the constitution. as it stands now, to deny gays the right to marry is gender discrimination.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Ok, I know I'm going to get attacked for saying this, and just to let you know ahead of time I don't intend to debate my position further because I have to much other stuff to do today but.... One of the reasons that the idea of gay marriage makes me uncomfortable is because I honestly believe that it's pretty much leading to a bisexual society. I know lots of people think that sounds crazy...why would straight people start behaving as bisexuals just cause gays can marry, no one will force you to do it, etc. Technically that may be true, but it creates a normalcy about same sex relations that leads to lots of people doing it, who otherwise wouldn't and would never feel that were missing out otherwise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2008