What did you do?

I am a newly Single mom after 15 years:( , my dad is terminaly ill with cancer.My parents are not doing Christmas due to money and my dad is so sick he cant do crowds we have a big family.My kids will be Spending half the day on Christmas with there dad ,I dont have much money if any at all for Christmas Gifts this year,which i know thats not what christmas is about, i need to just quit letting it get to me but its ovewrwhelmingly makeing me sad Everything is This is all hitting Me Soooooo Hard:( My Question is What did you Moms do to get through Youre First Christmas if you went through what i am going through ?? I want to be happy and Smiles for my kids i want to bake a nd cook a nice dinner and have my kids have a great day:)Im praying i can mage everything but i am not sure what i want to ask i guess Did it affect you like its affecting me?? I have been ok and adapted to the way things are with my marriage it was a mutual split :( and my dad i cant change that but hes still here Been here longer then they said he would be && thats something to be positive about but for some reason im down and out sooo bad Sorry this is so long Sorry if its not makeing any sense , im just realy sad and worried:(

SparklingMom78

Asked by SparklingMom78 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• I have not been through what you are going through but, keep your head up. Your kids will help you get through the day and after that it is one day at a time. Good Luck :)
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 6:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have not been there either. BUMP!!! You are not alone in this....
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thank you Ladies , i guess the holidays brings it out , :( I hope that question made some sense :(((
    SparklingMom78

Comment by SparklingMom78 (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depending on how old your children are, they should accept that you can't spend a lot of money. Have them make a list of things they want but be sure they understand that it can't be expensive things. Then you can choose what fits your pocketbook. As for your Dad, the best thing you can give him is your TIME. I lost my mother almost three years ago. She didn't want presents for Christmas, she wanted my company (and my daughters). She knew she was making her transition. And no matter how you do it, be positive when you are around him. Bring up funny things that happened when you were a kid, good things he did for you, things he taught you, how he cared for you, things you love about him. Many times I had to dry tears before I entered her room. It's worth it.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Kimimale Thank you so much there older and they undestand , i was blessed with some great kids they dont ask or expect too much ,they gave me lists cheap things cant say i wasnt releived the only thing they all realy want and it too EXPENSIVE is the kinnect for there game system but they already know they wont be getting it ,My dad i am positive and smiles and do my best to make him laugh Its not good to be sad around them youre right it brings them down Quick, I do cry but i dry my eyes real fast and try to keep his mind happy and positive,they dont want gifts , never realy have ,they just want over spaced time to see us and our kids .I am so sorry about youre loss ,i can say I am not Looking forward to it .Thank you if you were in front of me i would hug you (())
    SparklingMom78

Comment by SparklingMom78 (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010