When you are 1 cm dilated how long can it take to go to 2 cms?

I am 1 cm dilated. Just need to know how much longer its gonna be now. Once you start to dilate does 2 and 3 and 4 cms come fast or could you stay 1 cm for a week or two?

tmommy1108

Asked by tmommy1108 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• a while....... I was dialated to 1 for about 2.5 weeks, but everyone is different it could go either way!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Oh my gosh... I've been at one centimeter for like 2 weeks.... I HATE IT! I want to hold my baby boy and not be pregnant anymore. So i have no idea i know it's taking me forever
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• All depends i stayed 1cm for 2weeks. and even if your having some labor pains it could take a while to get to 10cm or you could just fly on through. hard telling if your close to your due date you can walk and try to maybe start labor try sex to doesnt always work but some time it does.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• it could take a while even if you were 4 cm it could still take a while
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• when my water broke (on a thurs at 3 pm) i was 1 small cm.....friday at 5 pm i was 1.5 and had been on pitocin for 26 hours....it all depends on your body..can be a while though. my friend was 1 cm for 4 weeks
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008