if my period is 21-21 days can I be fearther along then I think?

just asking. I am supose to 5 weeks as of yesterday adn haven't been to the doctor yet not until the 16th but my last period was november 2nd. From october - november my cycle was 28 days. the time before that was 23 days and time before that was like 21 days. my periods normally run from 21-31 days so can I actually be further along then I think? I am just asking and if so how much of a diffence would it be?  Like how many days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The doctor will go by your last period until an ultrasound says different.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If you have irregular cycles then your best bet for an accurate due date (which is just an estimate in the first place) is the 20 week ultrasound. Your date by ultrasound can be a little bit better.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• so basicly they will give me a due date first fisit, but the more accuret one will be at the 20 week?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Unless you were charting and know when you ovulated then your best bet is to get in for an early ultrasound to date things. Make sure your doctor knows that your cycles are not the average 28 days so they don't just go with your LMP to date things. At the moment it is not a big deal, but if you start to look like you are going past your due date it could make a big difference.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The 20 week ultrasound is NOT that accurate. You need an ultrasound ASAP because the earlier the ultrasound the greater it's accuracy for due date. I knew when I ovulated and thus when I conceived and my 20 week ultrasound was off by almost a week with BOTH children.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Cycle length has nothing to do with how far along you are.
    Anonymous