Baby's first airplane ride

I am going on a 2 hour plane ride with my 11 month old daughter soon, it will be her first time flying and my first time with a baby with me. How can I prevent her ears from popping? Any other advice would help too! Thanks

ashleyxo8

Asked by ashleyxo8 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her a bottle or paci at time of take off and landing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I thought it'd be awful but my daughter passed out on take off and didn't wake up till landing worked perfect. If you'r daughter doesn't do that try a binki
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 6:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have to do this too. What do you do if your son won't take a paci and he's not hungry? Sometimes he'll suck on my finger...that would suck with all the germs, but would that help?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• a pacifier or even a bottle will work. Use doing take off and landing. That should help with the popping of the ears.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Take some snacks and some toys and make sure she has something like a bottle or bink for takeoff and landing.... maybe take a portable dvd player or something of that nature to watch a favorite show or a book....I would have an arsenal of things cause I know my 1 yo like to not stay focused on one thing for a long time.....but you could get lucky and she may pass out as soon as you take off.... Gl
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Take extra snacks in case you get delayed.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son was 4 months old on our 1st plane ride my doc just to me to nurse or give hima bottle when we took off and landed, my son hates to sleep but was asleep before we even took off and woke up as soon as we landed and didnt seem to have any problem with his ears, im sure a paci would work too if she will take one
    jadensmom14

Answer by jadensmom14 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010