Church, not faith, leads to a satisfied life.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/Church+faith+leads+satisfied+life+study/3937275/story.html

I read this article in the paper this morning. It it s study that says that in general attendance at church makes a difference in how satisfied people are with their lives. That it is the relationships that matter the most.

What do you think?

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 6:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The faith community in addition to faith is what makes such a difference. We are not meant to be islands. We need each other, and the Bible says that we should not neglect gathering together.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Fact:
    More social interaction = Happier.
    Singing = Happier.

That's why as a pretty social, shower singing atheist I am having a pretty happy life. :)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 7:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't agree. While yes, I love my brothers and sisters in Christ, and look forward to being with them, what truly makes me happy is my faith in God, my relationship I've built with Him,and the fact that that relationship will never stop growing.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I tend to disagree. I am happier and more satisfied with life now that I left the church.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• disagree

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have to disagree. I do not socialize with anyone at church because I am a shy person and I don't just start up a conversation with someone. I love going to church to sing praise songs and listen to sermons and praying. I love reading my bible and praying. I believe it's Faith that makes me happy.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think it helps, but not true as a general statement

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I disagree.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Not true in my life, church I don't need or want a relationship with God, priceless......

Answer by older at 7:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010