I seriously need help.

I am going anon because you would all know my SN. I am on here all the time. This is my problem. I am on here at work and at home. I am addicted to the Q&A's. I feel the constant need to check my answers and points. I feel the need to complete my list each day. It is truly a feeling if a need. I try to fight it but I just have to. I really wish I was joking. I know exactly how this sounds. I ignore my kids, I am late every night with dinner. I annoy the Shit out of my DH because I am constantly on the computer. I don't know how to stop! Should I tell Dh to just delete my account?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• confusedWouldn't work. You'd just make a new account! Too bad there's no Cafemom rehab!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have a minor problem with facebook like this, just not so severe. I'd say it's just a matter of you needing to have control. Electronics can become addictive, set limits. My advice is set a timer 30 minutes when the timer goes of no matter where you are in the list stop and turn off the computer.
    trentonsmom2010

Answer by trentonsmom2010 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Don't tell him to delete it. You will probably just make another one. You're not alone. I practically have the same problem.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Limit yourself computer time or make sure you get everything done before you get on CM
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• simple frownI thought it was just me, if I'm not already a cafemom addict I'm on my way. Nights used to be me and my sons snuggle time, now it's me my son and the computer.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I know it sounds silly but when your home and have things to do....why dont you reward yourself for doing your chores by going on CM. but dont go on before they are done....or try to limit the amount of time your on. but yeah I have had days where my husband gets no response from me cause I'm on here...
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• this is not funny, you need to go cold turkey.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I hear you mama. If i don't have time for CM i know that i can't even visit or i'll be stuck here for at least an hour.

How about setting time limits for yourself?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I had the same problem with Facebook. I deactivated my account and haven't looked back. I have been gone for over a month and it feels great. But now I am on here. I do feel like sometimes. Just take a much needed break. When you feel the need to get on cafemom, just do something else. Good luck!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm addicted too. I agree with Finkette, use it as a reward. Tell yourself you are not allowed to go on until I ... and fill in the blank. Then stick to it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010