How long do sugar cookies stay good?

How long do they stay fresh? Can they be frozen? Or can the dough be frozen?

Asked by Razelda at 7:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yes cookies and dough can be frozen
    out and covered,3-4 days

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They are good until I am done eating all of Their my favorite.

Yes you can freeze the dough, as for how long they stay fresh I would guess a weeks ,but none have ever lasted that long around my house so I can't be certain.

Answer by soon2bmmy at 7:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Dough can be frozen for as long as needed. (Not too long it still can go bad) like a month or so. If you are talking about already made sugar cookies they can last up to 2-3 weeks in a air tight sealed container and way to keep them soft is to place a piece of bread in with the cookies or a moistened paper towel or napkin work. But we sure to check on them. The bread tends to harden within a few days. That also works with any kind of cookie. That is if you like really soft cookies.

Answer by new_mommie_2b at 7:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They can be frozen.

Answer by sstepph at 7:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• both can be frozen.. its' best to freeze the dough though rather than the cookies.

I wish I could get mine to stay fresher longer.. so far they only last about a week.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010