ive lost most of my baby weight but my belly still looks like im 5 months pregnant what do i need to do? help! its bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, I dont know how long ago you gave birth- but dont be too hard on yourself. And if you had a C-section, I hear that takes longer to "bounce back" from. The best way I know how to lose weight & tone/firm is a combination of cardio & resistance training. All the sit ups/ crunches in the world will not cut it. If you are nursing, that helps too. Again tho, I am sure you are just beautiful and are being too hard on yourself. Enjoy your new baby & the holidays. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• thanks needed to hear that same to u
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• How long ago did you have your baby??...my girls are 8 yo and i still have a baby bump looking belly too...oh well the way i see it is i eat what i want and really don't try to lose it any more(i know i don't have the will power)..plus i can hide it or suck it in..most of the time...Good luck to you.....jes
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I've heard green tea helps to get rid of belly fat. I haven't tried it yet.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 10:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Cut out all carbonated sodas because that will cause bloat. Green tea is good for getting rid of the extra water weight. I have a book that I always recommend, it's called Belly Fat Cure.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am glad someone asked this because I was going to do the same.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Im sure you look great, after all you just had a baby. Try cardio training, and just get into a healthy eating and work out routine you will loose that weight in no time.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It depends: do you look like you have a saggy, floppy 5mo pregnant belly... or is it hard and distended like there's still a baby in there?

The former: you need to tighten the muscles and the skin will slowly shrink back.

The latter: you have stress-induced belly fat (and probably a swollen liver) from your lifestyle and diet. Exercise will help, because it helps deal with stress... but you need to eat less fat and sugar, find a more effective way of dealing with stress so you're releasing it instead of storing it in your belly, and get enough rest. And water. Every day.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Don't eat/drink so many carbs that helps too!! I am much bigger than I was before I had my kids but I just try and eat right and stay active even if it is just playing with them!!! I'm sure you look great its like that little constant reminder of that wonderful baby you created!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 12:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Depending on how long ago you had your baby, it may take longer than you want for the weight to go away. Be patient, drink tons of water, and mix up the exercises.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010