What do you want or need in political leadership??

I am writing a paper over what the american people, ordinary "joe's and jane's" , need in politcal leadership.

So I was wondering what others feel that they need or want in politcal leadership...any answer are helpful...THANKS!!

new_step_mom_22

Asked by new_step_mom_22 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• In a time of war I would look for someone that has military experience. But then again, I choose a candidate that has that.
    Executive experience would also be nice, or maybe even a seasoned politician, since they know the ropes.
    Anonymous

• And I wasn't being snarky, that's really what I look for.
    Anonymous

• For them to stay the hell out of my life and start managing the money they get before they TAKE more.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Amen.
    Anonymous

• Foster corporate and personal decision making to take on own actions and responsibilities, and have consequences for indiscretion. No special taxes on those who bolster the economy and create jobs and wealth (even if they do make more). The idea of the "Invisibe Hand"- Wealth of Nations.
    More money sent to work rehabilitation programs with more restrictions to welfare, to help lead recipients to find jobs.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Someone who can keep all the promises they make.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Just in case a very significant person reads these posts, if ever privatizing federal jobs, that the federal employees have first chance of hiring with the private contract agent. Let's not let these very hard working people stand miserable in unemployment just over privatization. A big scare.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008