Have you tasted their vitamins?

My son just gave me half of his omega-3 vitamin..and it tastes like cherry flavoured fish...ewww.
I can't believe I didn't taste it before giving it to him. Oh well, he still seems to like them. He thinks they are candy and reminds me to give them to him every day.

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 7:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I take the same as mine (I hate the "grown up" ones). I would skip the fish though it sounds SO gross.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 7:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes I have. I give my kids gummie vitamins and they don't taste to bad. My son loves them and also thinks they are candy. My daughter doesn't care for them right now, but she has been very picky lately and just stopped liking them.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I like the Flintstones gummies. I will not taste Poly Vi Sol. Yuck! Just the smell makes me want to throw up. lol My son didn't have any problems with it though. I put it in his food.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• When my son was a baby he had iron drops and it had no good flavor it was straight iron. it tasted like the biggest dirties penny you could get your lips on. he wouldn't swallow them so we had to switch.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, I eat their vitamins for a week before I let them in case of a reaction or bad taste. I tried the new Flintstones gummies and did not like them. The skin on my legs broke out in giant swollen pus-filled boils. I went to my doctor's and the first thing he wanted to know was what is the new item in my diet. I told him the vitamins and he advised to stop taking them immediately. I did and I still have the scars as a result. But I'm glad it happened to me, not my children.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Wow skitNbearsmom! That's scary! I'm glad you didn't give them to you kids, I wonder what was in them that made you react like that?
    tobys.mommy

Comment by tobys.mommy (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i tasted flintstones and they are ok(with immunity support)..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 7:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• mine takes the Disney Princess ones. They are Yummy :)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes I wonder what was in them too. I went so far as to call the phone on the back of the bottle and they said it is a new formula they are using. I used to take flintstone vitamins when I was a kid and nothing like that ever happened to me before. The customer service person said what's on the label is the ingredients. Yeah right...
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 9:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010