Confess: Is mommyhood easier or harder than you thought it would be?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sometimes it's harder and sometimes it's just what I thought it would be like. It's never easier though.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Easier! And I have irish twins! About to be triplets....
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Being a parent is pretty much what I expected it to be, but it's also given be a more intense love than I ever dreamed of!! What's harder than I ever thought is dealing with my son's mentally unstable father =(
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm a single mother so I think it's harder since I'm soley responsible for everything in my sons life. It's hard, I would never say it was easy but not as hard as I thought it would be.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It was hard in the beginning when my kids were 2-4 years old because they are developing their personalities and are testing their boundaries. It was stressful but SSOOOO WORTH IT! They will never be that young again. And the cutesy stuff they used to do has become a milestone.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i never put much thought into it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• easier than i thought, being an adult and completely on your own, with no support or family is harder than anything...my son is the only reason i keep going. being a mommie is the best thing that has ever happen to me.
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 7:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i knew it would not be easy...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 7:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

I agree and I never thought BF was going to be so hard at first.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• sometimes it's been way harder and others, like now when they are all playing together quietly, it is easier. For all of the chaos, exhaustion, endless chauffering, it is completely worth it. I just hope I survive the teen years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010