If you are attending college or plan to attend, have you checked out available scholarships through your local community colleges?

It is that time of year and postings will be up in January for available scholarships - the best type of financial aid!

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in

• Thanks for the tip. It's my first semester and I did yet a small grant but I had to look for that myself my school didn't really help me even though I asked. Sometimes I guess they expect you to know already. I had no clues about the local school scholarships.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My community college deadline is in October for the following year--for their scholarships. Try www.fastweb.com or www.scholarships.com There are BILLIONS of dollars of scholarship money available on these sites.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm not sure if I still qualify for the ones I got the first time around, but I'm going to try to find some and apply, anyway.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yep
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010