i just found out i'm pregnant. I went yesterday and got my ultrasound, and found out i'm 6weeks and 5days. well today i get a phone call and they told me that there is blood around my sake, or in.. can this go away, and will thre baby be okay? adult content

i'm scared of having a miscarriage, and also i have a heart disease called hocm, hypercardio obstructive myapathy.. and i'm a high risk as well, so what should i do to help to prevent a miscarriage

nessa26569

Asked by nessa26569 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hope everything will be ok, but you better ask your doctor what would be best.

Answer by older at 7:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• There really isnt a way to prevent a miscarriage this early in pregnancy.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• As for the blood, it is entirely possible to have a healthy child. I had one with my dtr and my sister had one with my niece. We are pretty sure I had one with this pg, too, but the clot came out before I had my first ultrasound. The blood will sometimes just reabsorb, or you can have spotting/bleeding. There is a risk of miscarriage, but keep the faith, its actually a very common occurance. As for the heart condition, ask you ob if you need to be followed by a specialist, too.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 7:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• well thank you, yes i got an appt.. in pittsburgh dec 17, to see a specialist.. i'm praying evereything will go ok, its my first pregnancy. i'm excited and scared lol
    nessa26569

Comment by nessa26569 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sending out prayers and good thoughts yo you
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My prayers are with you
    jellis

Answer by jellis at 8:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• At about 6 weeks, I was diagnosed with a blood clot around the sac. I spotted for about a month and even went to emerg. room for really bad bleeding one day. The bleeding stopped and at 12 weeks I had an ultrasound done where the doctor saw the blood clot still attached to the placenta, smaller than it was previously though. The heartbeat was great and it was jumping all around. I am now 16 weeks with no further bleeding or problems-knock on wood-so it is possible that you're body will absorb the clot as mine has been doing. We never know whats gonna happen, believe me, I still wonder if things will continue on to be ok. But I pray everyday about it and I will pray for you and keep my fingers crossed for us! Good Luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010