Anyones hubby or partner do this?

My hubby wont change diapers. He changed our first son until he was 6 months then stopped. He gags if the kids have pooped. My youngest is 4 months. Is there a way he can do it without all the drama?

vleigh

Asked by vleigh at 7:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband can't do spoiled milk lol, nothing else bothers him. Even puke and poop.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Nope, not here. My husband actually sometimes handles the poopy diapers better than I do, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yeah my husband handles the mess better than I do too. Thankfully!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My husband doesn't have that problem. Maybe he need to do it more often to get over it?

Answer by missanc at 9:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my husband did it in the hospital until i knew how and has done it a handful amount of times since and our son is 9 months now. we cloth diaper so thats is knew excuse. i just do it so i dont have to deal with his complaining about being asked to change him.
    mamajennie31010

Answer by mamajennie31010 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• omg i have the same problem!!my hubby would not change her diapers when she was a new born! then at 3 months old i went back to work and he watched her so he had to learn! once she started baby food he refused again!! so i change all the diapers! he even woke me lastnight to change a poopy diaper! he about threw up last time he changed one! so i gave up i can change them no problem! i swear some men are just pussy's!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My husband has no problem changing diapers, but that doesn't mean he doesn't complain and make a big deal about it. You can hear him all through the house "eww, OMG!, this poop is huge!.." blah blah blah...
    Sometimes I do it just so I won't have to listen to him whine.
    (as a side note: he is great about everything else..bathing the kids, feeding, etc..)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 9:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My hubby is ok with diapers, even poopy ones as long as it isn't first thing in the morning. For some reason if it's first thing in the morning it makes him gag. It's hilarious, but not worth the drama. If he was one that was a drama queen about it all the time I would make him change diapers anyway, it isn't fair to have that task solely on one parent.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It depends on my husbands' mood. We both handle it like pro's and take turns!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son is 5 months and would rather not change a poopy but he doesnt complain about it, tell him to get over himself or you wont change his depends when he gets old lol
    jadensmom14

Answer by jadensmom14 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010