how come he cant find a job that will pay him more than unemployment does?

Im getting just a little frustrated.. I wish he could go back to the job he got laid off from. im starting to stress,,,, preggo and make shit for money and i mean shit. he gets to sit at home all day, even tho he hates it, he is still there. no minimun wage job will pay him more then what unemployment is.. it SUCKS... baby due in April. im afraid..

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 8:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• well I hope there are better times to come
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Time for two jobs or go back to school and get trained for a another job! It is hard but maybe you may have to move to another state for a job.
    Good luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'd take anything just to work and keep looking for something better. It looks better to have a job than to be on unemploment.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• it does but yet its pointless to have a part time job that will pay 7.25 an hour even ful time.. he would still be making less.. so he looks at it as, he makes moer with unemployment why lose out on the money if he doesnt have to.
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We are kind of in a similar situation only not preggo. I work and have a decent job, he is on unemployment. There have not been any good jobs available in a while. but even if he gets a job then we have to consider day care and other things.. I am starting to think it would be easier for me to work 2 jobs and just let him stay home. it sucks.
    Itsallgood

Answer by Itsallgood at 8:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That exact attitude is why unemployment is so damn high. That exact attitude is why I could REALLY care less if they extend the benefits or not. You are sitting on your azz sucking a check when you could be out but working but because UE pays more u dont find a job. I know WAY too many people with this attitude.

Ever heard its easier to find a job when you have a job?
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• lol i agree with you sandy, but he will say, i worked 4 years for that money its my money so if ths happened i would have an "income"
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Because when that unemployment runs out, he'd have a job.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Well....maybe it is time for both of you to work.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i work and have been putting in applications in where ever i see now hiring.. .. no lie
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010