What is a good time to start packing your hospital bag?

Just curious when is a good time to start packing my hospital bag for delivery!!? I have to get the baby's bag ready as well as mine and I am due Jan 17th!! How many weeks along were you when you packed your bag and what was the ONE thing that you were glad that you packed and brought with you!!! Thanks :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I packed mine at 32 weeks. I went into labor and they were able to stop it. I went home and packed up when I was released two days later. I WISH I would have brought my heating pad.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my hubby packed mine the minute i went into labor...lol...i know it was late.....but he did a fantastic job...he even rememered the spare batteries for the digital camera!!
    KaylynnsMommie2

Answer by KaylynnsMommie2 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i packed on new years and i was due feb 20! my hubby said i was going to go early and he wanted everything ready! i packed enough for a week trip i swear i had everything! make sure to pack for ur SO! i liked having my own clothes and shampoo and things! since i wanted to breast feed i brought my pump, nursing bra, nursing pads, boppy pillow! babycenter.com has a great list! good luck!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• packed about 1 month ahead. i brought so much that websites agreed was NEEDEd that i never used and just took up space. extra cloths was big to be comfy. baby doesnt need much we left him in those side snap shirts and diaper or oncies. if you are nursing bring pads because you will fill up over night! and a nursing pillow is so helpful. good luck!
    mamajennie31010

Answer by mamajennie31010 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• With my first pregnancy, I packed the morning I went into labor. lol. But to my defense, I was not expecting to go into labor at 33 weeks either. With my second pregnancy, I wanted to be prepared just in case I went premature again, so I packed at 30 weeks (she was born at 41 weeks! lol) This pregnancy I packed at 35 weeks, basically so I wouldn't wear the stuff I wanted to take to the hospital with me! lol. I am hoping I get to use this hospital bag very soon!!! (I am 37 weeks 3 days)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I did around 36-37 weeks, but if you want to wait to pack, make sure you have a list so if you have a feeling you'll go early you know exactly what to round up. I was glad for all the fun shower stuff (facial scrub, razor) and my make up bag with all the makeup, tweezers, and nice face lotion. I gave myself a mini-makeover after I was able to move after my c-section. It was the best 45 mins at the hospital, and make me totally relaxed and happy to go snuggle with the baby after I felt human again. Oh and make sure you have good non-smelly lotion. The meds made me really itchy and it felt like really dry air.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i had everything packed before 30 weeks with my son. this time i'm gonna wait. but i got everything i needed in the hospital. so the bag got pretty useless...:))
    romomomof2

Answer by romomomof2 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I didnt pack mine til I was 38 weeks lol
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would pack earlier than a month before you're due. I ended up having my son a month early and wasn't packed at all. One thing I was really happy I had was my pillow.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 8:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010