How do i stop biting my nails?

i have this problem with biting my nails and I would really like to quit....i will stop for a few days but when i get upset, nervous, etc...i just start....got any ideas?

KheiyahIsLife

Asked by KheiyahIsLife at 8:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• pamper your nails - no fake nails required. File them nicely, use clear strengthing polish (chips don't show), lotion your hands up, trim cuticles make your hands look pretty. Make it a habit to work on hands and nails for 15 min. everyday, every other whatev.. As your hands and nails look pretty it will motivate you to keep going with it. I bit my nails for 20 years - nervous habit - no biting anymore. Good Luck it is a hard habit to break.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Get a manicure. It stopped me from wanting to bite it to keep from wasting money and it tastes weird when I start to put it in my mouth out of habit.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yeha a heard if you get a manicure youll stop.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i tried to do the manicure thing but i do too much with my hands to have acrylic nails and besides that stuff irritates my skin.
    KheiyahIsLife

Comment by KheiyahIsLife (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• keep a file near by. and keep them polished. you can pick the polish off almost as satisfying and filing keeps your hands busy.
    maryann327

Answer by maryann327 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Have you tried getting gel nails done? Same process as acrylic, but they last longer and they're a helluva lot more durable.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010