Winter Solstice! What do you do? (If you are Pagan or even if you are not)

We are carving out our family traditions regarding the Winter Solstice/Yule and I'm interested to know what other families do.

We plan to make sun ornaments for the tree, maybe a new sun every year? This year, on the evening of the Solstice, we are going to a gathering with like-minded folk from our pre-school co-op.

boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 8:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm just hanging in there until Spring. I dislike winter. It is only 2 degrees here and snow. That is not fun.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We have a big dinner, light a bunch of candles, and then the little man gets one present. I loev the idea of making a sun ornament every year. We may need to steal that! :) Happy Solstice!
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Because my DH is Christian, we "hybrid" decorations for the whole season - Tree, Nativity, Lights... Nothing Specific. Beyond that I usually make a dinner with lots of candles, gifts and stories for the kids...

This year, I think we are kinda canceling though. I'm having a baby on the 17th, no one has had a job here in months and we just had a family death... So the holidays have been rather overshadowed. Thankfully the kids are to young to know any better. :(

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2010