Cot to bed

My oldest son is 2 in Feb and i have made up a spare bed for him when he moves out of the cot as his 4 month old brother is almost ready for it. What is the best way to introduce him to sleeping in a bed and getting him to stay there all night?

vleigh

Asked by vleigh at 8:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For my son, I was able to have both in his room. I would ask him before nap or bedtime "crib or big boy bed?" and put him in whichever he picked. Initially, he stayed in the bed well, but once he was moving, he was tough to put down to sleep. If I was in a hurry and he got out of bed, I would just put him into the crib. If I had time, I'd sit in his room with him until he fell asleep. He still has his times when he gets out of bed, but is doing well with it for the most part. He will be 3 in March.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010