Do you think that Black and Indian Farmers should get a settlement for past discriminatory acts in this economic era?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 8:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Th
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Oops. There are areas left open for fraud. Who is going to ensure accountability?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• no.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No
    Anonymous

• Nope, I'm sorry, but the crimes were committed against their ancesters. If they themselves have endured no hardship, there should be no settlement in their favor. Our country needs the money to pay the massive debts it has accumulated. Not that it will do much good. I don't feel that this economic era has anything to do with it. The past is the past, simply put.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Oh, wow, there are former slaves that are still alive?? Wow, how old are they?
    Seriously, I don't think that there should be any monies paid. The past sucked. Big time. But I do not believe that we owe money to anyone for things that occured by past generations. Besides, who will be paying for it? Me?? I hope not. None of my family owned slaves (and yes, I can prove that).
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Why should I have to pay reparations for something I never did to anyone? Also, NONE of the slaves or Trail of Tears indians are alive today, so why should their ancestors receive money for something they never suffered? Thanks to affirmative action, minority scholarships, and anti-discrimination laws, the playing field is more than level. Anyone who complains now is just too busy whining to work for what they want.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Nope. I think that the only ones who should have gotten any sort settlement are those who went through it personally.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010