Could I be depressed or just confused

I am 22 years old. Have an Associate´s Degree in Paralegal Studies. Came back to live to my home country with hubby because after the economy fell in the US, we lost EVERYTHING, and overhere his businesses are booming. However, this is a very poor country, very few jobs, mostly everything is imported, so things are VERY expensive for the native people... Anyways, long story short, Paralegals don´t really exist here, and the few that do exist get paid crap (hubby says its not even worth me leaving home for), and usually only get the job if they know ¨someone¨, that is how everything works in this country.... there is A LOT of corruption. Anyways, I feel very sad sometimes like my life is going nowhere. I am a sahm, and was so in the US too, but I used to be in college full time when I was out there, and came to live here about 9 months after I graduated, a time in which I had a job. I miss having a job. I LOVE my career, and I am soo sure that I want atleast a part time job. So, at times, like right now I think about leaving my husband and going back home to have a career, which means I would be a single mom starting from scratch. I just get really down at times like this, like WTF.. That is a HARD decision and I don´t know if I have the heart to break apart my family simply because I CHOOSE to want to have a career. Sooo many moms are happy stay at home moms.. Why can´t I just be happy being a stay at home mom. Lol.. But then again, I think that if I wasn´t afraid of driving in this country I could drive to the Capital, a few times a week and I could meet new people by joining a family gym, and taking swimming classes, and stuff like that. I have a lot of family here, but I shy away from them because it is very common in this country for people to ask you for money and to ask you for things, and some family members that I did not grow up with always ask me for money, and I usually don´t mind giving them two hundred pesos, which is the equivalent of about five dollars, but then they begin asking EVERY DAY and asking for things... So, anyways, long story short.. I just want to be happy.. and I love my husband, and love how happy my son is having us both, which he wasn´t so happy when we were apart for nine months, but do I have to sacrifice my professional dreams for my family? Do you? Would you?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• i have a little experiance in this i have been where you are i wouldnt leave my hussand and split up my family you just have to find things you like in your new country and new intersets because if you dont you will leave and you can go to a online college and go for a caree that is booming down there and you will have a job family is important you stand by your husbanb no matter wat when you married him u took that oath rememeber leave the past behinde its so incridiblely hard but its for the best you dont want to be a single mother if its open to you try taken the bus to the capital get hobbes they help a lot or go to a online school spend time with your soon and love every second of it ill keep you in my prays god bless
    needanw3rs

Answer by needanw3rs at 8:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• thank u soo much!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You do have a tough decision to make. Is it possible to start a business from your home? That way you could have the best of both worlds.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010