Have you heard of God the mother?

Shes in the Bible. And many christians have no idea shes even there.
In the begining God said: "Let US make man is OUR own image and OUR own likeness." then as a result, male and Female where formed. But who is "US" and who is "OUR" ? Shouldn't God say something like LET ME MAKE MAN? These words mean more than one. But how many? Let us do a math problem. So if two images was a result, How many images were there to begin with? Two! God made male image, Adam, the image of God the father. and GOd made female image, Eve, in the image of God the mother. In Galatian 4:26 it says" But the jerusalem that is above is free, and SHE is our mother." In revelation it also speaks of jerusalem. Many people think that jerusalem is just a city, but then how can jerusalem be dressed as a bride? Can a city be dressed as a bride? NO WAY! We know as christains everything on earth is a copy and shadow of heaven, From our prayer "our father... who art n heaven..." So on earth we have Fathers, and we have Children, but we also have mothers too. Same thing with spiritual, We have the Father of our spirits, we Are the children of God, And Now We know we also have a mother of our spirits too! In the last days, Heavenly mother is revealed. Why did god make Mothers so important on earth, we are the givers of birth, how much more important is the mother of our spirits? SO IMPORTANT>! Why wouldnt Satan want to hide this fact?

Thank u so much for reading this. Whether u agree with it or not, just keep an open mind because it will be revealed soon. God bless you all.

ladiesfirst

Asked by ladiesfirst at 8:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Interesting perspective. Through my studies, I have learned, though that when God says "Let US make man in OUR image", he is speaking of the Trinity--God the Father, God the Son,and God the Holy Ghost. In fact, that is the first time Jesus is mentioned in the Bible,and since we know He was around since the creation of the world, it actually makes sense. But, I must say, you have given me some food for thought,and I am going to study this further,and dig into some of my concordances,and books I have. Thanks for posting.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Good and "faithful" Christians would never admit she exists. It might make the world explode or something.
    Anonymous

• Mom3,
    See i use to believe that... Thats what i was taught, but then we would have had three images of people in this world, father, son, and holy ghost. Plus i also learned that the trinity is 3 in 1, so technically they are one. However when u make an image its almost like a photo copy u kno?
    AWW thanx so much for reading it.. and commenting!!

And thanx Anonymous comment... lol i think u are right. but i think the reason for so much confusion in christianty is that we've never really had the whole story. So no one really has the truth. Thanx so much for commenting!!
    ladiesfirst

Comment by ladiesfirst (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• ladiesfirst, I appreciate you taking the time to post this. I am going to dig a little deeper in study on this. It's got my interest now. I really enjoyed reading your post. Hope you have a great evening. God bless you!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I was raised to believe there was a Heavenly Mother but not because of what was in Genesis but because we are all spirit children of our Heavenly parents. Thats what I was taught anyway even tho she was barely a blip on the radar(so to speak). We never learned, indepth, about her she was basically a footnote.

Always made sense to me that there was a Mother and Father if we were spirit "people" before coming to earth. kwim?

Nowadays, I honor the Mother just as much as the Father(if not a titch more) and it feels very right to do so(no Im not in the religion of my youth anymore if anyone wondered).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Amaranth361,
    Wow! You know, That is so amazing! i have never heard of anyone believing in this or even growing up with it. I just heard of it this year and at first, I didnt accept it, but now I know Father and Mother are GOD. They are one. Thats so cool to kno that people have such wisdom. Aw i hope u get back into it tho.!!
    ladiesfirst

Comment by ladiesfirst (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Ladiesfirst~I firmly honor and respect both a male and female diety(I usually call them the Divine cuz it is easier to write LOL). So although Im not the religion of my youth the beliefs I have now do not take that belief and love away from both Mother and Father.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Good try... but we as female were made from man.... Man was already created and the woman created from the rib of the man.
    I really encourage you to look up the hebrew meanings first before jumping to this conclusion.
    God said I AM He never said I am female or male... God is neither one yet both... but He is Father to me and Holy Spirit is the one with the mother like characteristics... Holy Spirit is a comforter and gentle like a mother would be.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• In the begining God said: "Let US make man is OUR own image and OUR own likeness."

What verse is this?
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am Jewish and thought I would look up the reasoning from a Jewish standpoint. One reason being the majesty of G-d, so the use of the "royal we." The one I found most interesting, is that the plural denotes G-d and the earth. Man's body comes from the earth and the spirit/soul comes from G-d.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010