Remind me

Why did we NEED Obamacare?

The feds have doubled the number of waivers in three weeks up to 222 waivers have now been granted.

What was the point of passing it to turn around and start issuing waivers to everyone?

http://www.hhs.gov/ociio/regulations/approved_applications_for_waiver.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought we needed it to keep costs down. Who knew!!!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We didn't and we don't.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We never did, and it's still a stupid idea!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We needed health care reform to make insurance companies accountable.
    Too many people were dropped or couldn't get health care insurance due to pre existing conditions.
    Health care costs are high because of all those who don't have insurance and don't pay!
    I don't see healthcare reform as Stupid at all!
    Anonymous

• Except they have no limitations on what they can charge these people with pre-existing conditions. It was strictly political, it cost a fortune and helped no one.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We don't
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't see healthcare reform as Stupid at all!

Anon, healthcare reform is not a stupid idea. Obamacare IS a stupid idea.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I've come across people who connect the value of someone's life w/how much money they make or the benefits that come w/their jobs. My best friend Kim is going to be 38 on July 26, 2011. She is the single mother of 1 adorable little girl, Helen, a 6 yr old in 1st grade. Kim has no other family to speak of & she's an amazing human being. She has an AS degree in Marketing but she got married & became a SAHM & then divorced & hubby is back in Spain.....now? She works in 3 different restaurants as a waitress & beverage server to make ends meet & every aspect of her life is centered around her daughter.
    Over a year ago she felt a lump in her breast, without insurance & w/every cent earned needed for living expenses she had to wait to get a mammogram until her income tax refund came in in February. She now has terminal breast cancer. Who's going to take care of Helen? Personally, I'd rather have Kim than low taxes.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree with cbk mom3. And I want to add that it shouldn't be rammed down our throats either, the way Obamacare was. They decided we were too stupid to know what was in our own best interests, so they did it without our consent. Wrong move...
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Do we need reform? Yes we do.
    Do we need Obamacare in its current form? NO we dont.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010