how soon do you feed solids?

I started my 4 month old on ceral at 2.5/3 months when can I start adding other things to her diet... like fruits and veggies?

christinedial08

Asked by christinedial08 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk to your Dr about.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I started giving veggies and fruit around 4.5 months!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i didnt give anything till 6 months! talk to ur doc!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my oldest had most foods which were pureed at 6 months. But talk to doc to be sure.
    vleigh

Answer by vleigh at 11:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• wic says 6months but i have my baby eating rice and fruits not at 5 months and has been useing rice since he was 3 months the gastro doctor said that was fine
    kat116

Answer by kat116 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son was not getting full on milk by the age of two months. He was getting peaches and rice cereal then. He is now a happy, healthy, very bright 5 year old.
    JuneBug1985

Answer by JuneBug1985 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Welll... the AAP recommends six months for ANY solids if breastfed, four months for formula fed. Keep in mind that USUALLY negative impacts from early solids won't hit till baby is an adult.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My son didn't start solids until he went through the stages of baby food, it was a good guide to the less ground up things were how he would handle it. He started with cut up bannanas and cut up carrots when he started on solids. He was offically 10 months when he started on solids. He tried a little bit of it and never wanted to go back to baby food!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i just talked to my Ped today b/c my son just turned 4 mo. i've been giving him rice and now oatmeal in his bottle, twice a day, just a spoonful with his formula. she said to continue for a couple weeks, if no issues, then start to spoonfeed and then after than can start veggies and fruits. she does not recommend veggies first, as most doctors do, b/c babies don't like veggies as it is. it does make sense that you don't want to always give the baby sweet stuff though. sweat potatoes are loaded with nutrients. good luck. most websites will tell you 6 months... if ur child shows signs to start solids, give it a try!
    HappyMomma86

Answer by HappyMomma86 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Here is a site that might help...
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_age-by-age-guide-to-feeding-your-baby_1400680.bc

-Q-

Answer by -Q- at 5:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010