What do you feel is the hardest part about being a SAHM?

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful to be able to stay home, and love it. But sometimes I don't know where I get the patience from. I just spent 10 hours entertaining my 14 month old without leaving the house once. I am not gonna lie, it is HARD sometimes, lol! He's very clingy and has to have my attention EVERY second! Thankfully, he just went to bed, because I had officially ran out of ideas on how to entertain him. I am exhausted, not to mention my back is aching from constantly lifting him in the air to touch this clock that he's fascinated with, lol!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Isolaton was the hardest part for me.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yeah, isolation sucks... being here all alone all day while they're at school and DH at work... gets lonely.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Peoples misconceptions. Don't get me wrong, I love being a SAHM but it's not easy work. I know people that work and seem to think that I sit on my butt eating bon-bons and watching As the World Spins all day. I know they mean well but my friends off hand comments are really irritating.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i miss the adult conversation
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Mine are older, the youngest is 6. The hardest part for me is dropping them off at school and missing them all day. I really love being with them.
    Of course when they were smaller it was different. I didn't have my own car so I felt depressed and trapped. I didn't have friends and I was very lonely.
    At least I can tell you it gets better.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Peoples misconceptions. Don't get me wrong, I love being a SAHM but it's not easy work. I know people that work and seem to think that I sit on my butt eating bon-bons and watching As the World Spins all day. I know they mean well but my friends off hand comments are really irritating. "

I agree, though I don't let it get to me. I KNOW I don't sit on my butt all day. While my son was napping, I sat on here for about 20 minutes and ate lunch, but the rest of the time, I was cleaning. The rest of the day, I was doing anything and everything to keep him happy, taken care of, and keep the house clean. I seriously feel like I just ran a marathon, lol. My husband just got home, and I told him, "Seriously, at one point, I was about to cry". The second my son sees that my attention is on anything but him, he cries, lol, Friends say this is just a phase. I hope they're right, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Of course when they were smaller it was different. I didn't have my own car so I felt depressed and trapped. I didn't have friends and I was very lonely.
    At least I can tell you it gets better. "

I have a car, but my friends all work. Plus, there's snow on the ground, and I didn't want to take him out in the cold to go shopping when we didn't even need anything, lol. I'm sure that was tough without a car, though. I'd probably feel trapped too!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• not talking to people bothers me! thats y i like this site but i would like to get out of the house more!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'd like a day off sometime lol
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The terrible twos that I have to deal with everyday!! They drive me insane...I love being a sahm, but right now my dd's on my last nerve..I know it'll calm down soon (I'm pregnant, we just moved cross country so she wants me everywhere with her..rather than her all the time independent play that she was doing lol)..ph, and I'm really tired of shrek being on my tv all day veryday..and the fact that dd knows how to work the remote at 2 1/2, without us teaching her, is another..lol gotta love my smart child! ;)
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010