what is up with my throat?

I don't know what is going on, but my throat was hurting about 2 weeks ago and lasted a week and couple days then went away and now it is back again. It hurts to swollow, but only when I swollow or if I cough. I don't have a cold or anything I cough because my throat is itching not because of a cold and it doesn't hurt really bad. It doesn't hurt like a sore throat either and it is kinda hard to say really. Um I know it isn't strep throat. I don't know if it has something to do with my glands or what? I do have a cyst in my sinus cavity not sure if maybe that is what is wrong with me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• Are you sure it's not strep?
    It could be post nasal drip. If you have been congested, that may be what it is. That causes a sore throat. It could be a symptom of a sinus infection.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• is there anything I can try to do at home before going to the doctor? right now i can't afford especially this week. I have an OB appointment I am 5 weeks pregnant which is 20.00. I have to pay 45.00 to my cell phone, 50.00 to rent a center, 120.00 to electric, 50.00 to my 5 year olds ballet costume then groceries and gas for the van, so you see why I can't go to my family doctor this week lol. Unless can I go to my OB if I am having this and pregnant?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Could be strep throat. Go to the doctor if it's really worrying you. You don't have to go to your regular doctor. Find the closest Walgreens with a Take Care Clinic/
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sure, ask your OB. They maybe able to help! Try drinking hot lemonade with honey. I think you can have honey while pregnant, right? That helps with a sore throat, honey has antibacterial properties I believe. Lemons, I'm not sure. But, it helps sooth. Look at your throat and see if there are any white bumps, pustules. If so, it's strep. If not, it could be post nasal drip. Your OB should be able to give you something, should be able to help you regardless. I hope you feel better!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010