Did you pick a theme for your baby?

I am guilty. I picked a theme for my baby, and here it is only 2 years later and I am already having to change his wllpaper and bed sheets cause he made up his own mind. I have definatly learned my lesson for my next child. Did you have this same problem with any of your kids?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 8:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son had safari stuff till he was 5, now he wants a sports theme. I am cool with 5 years of what I picked. He loved all the animals when he was little.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yes my oldest was teddy bears (we wanted classic pooh, but my mom gave me all this teady bear stuff that someone gave her so I felt bad if I didn't use it so it was teddy bears). I had it like that from when she was born until she was 4 months old then we moved in with my biological dad and shared a room so we didn't do anything other than her bedding which was still in teddy bears. We lived there until she was 8 months old and then we moved to another place and still used the bedding, but her room was painted pink. Then we moved here and we gave her one of our old comferters until we got her one now it is hannah montana lol. My second dd we wanted clasic pooh, but seen it was not cheap so we went with just pooh bears. Her room is still pooh bears she is 3 luckly my kids never told me they wanted a diffrent room. I plan on getting after christmas dora bedding she is big in dora now lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Not so much a theme as a color. Pink. Everywhere there is pink! She now has princess stickers on her wall and is big into that right now. But I hope that she likes the color pink for a while! Didn't paint the walls cause we rent but everything else is pink with a little bit of purple!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My oldest was the Blue Jean Teddy Bear stuff and my Youngest was pink thigns. My daughters shared a room so my yougest daughters bedding matched my oldest. It was cute.
    bwbwmommy

Answer by bwbwmommy at 9:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We had a theme. Safari.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• With my twins, the theme was winnie the pooh. I loved it lol. With my third baby, her theme was like pink princess-y stuff. Now all three share a room, and their theme is butterflies and fairies (they picked it, they are 4, 4, and 3). My next baby, his theme is farm animals. They are so cute, I love it....and hopefully he will too! lol.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Back when I was having babies, we didn't have "themes". I guess our kids had rooms that were "Cheap theme".LOL. I made curtains, sewed baby clothes, and we bought an unfinished crib and painted it ourselves. No themes. We were too poor----justnewly in the Air Force and you know they don't pay very well. But I am glad.....they don't care until they are older and if you don't give them any ideas,they won't "select" a theme. LOL.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I did, Blue Jean Teddy. He had it til he was 5. I then found out I was pregnant and my ds got Spongebob and the baby inherited the BJT lol. Who quickly went to Toy Story 3 at 3 lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My daughter we didn't have a theme when she was born or even now really. Last year for christmas my mom got her the Tinkerbell bedroom set and she loves that. (Though her first question after she got it was where was her superman sheets she inherited with the bed from Unc. Sterling) We recently got her a new headboard and dresser and two things to hang her stuff on, one has a shelf, and they're all done in white and all came used from the local thrift store or a garage sale, but in good condition.
    For my son I themed his baby gear, his pack n play/bassinet as well as his carseat and the double stroller for the kids are all the Graco Rittenhouse pattern that I like. Beyond that, the closest thing to a theme is whenever I find anything that's kinda rock boy, punk rock ect. I tend to buy it up.
    We mostly go with what's cheap, or what people gift or pass down to us.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2010