need advice.... legal advice.....

I wasn't quite sure where to post this. We have been recieveing several magazines and we could not figue out why they were sending them to us. There was no number to call or any sort of contact information, except to fill out some info for a subscription. Well, after maybe 3 or so months I get a call about paying for these magazines... I think 5 of them I was recieving from this company who had some kind of promotion for them. I said I never agreed to this subscription and asked them to cancel. They said they could not unless I paid them what I owed. We have no money, I would never have agreed to pay for these magazines and so I talked to the supervisor. She said that I was on their account with my debit card and I agreed to it when I agreed to a a free $50.00 gas card or to be put in a raffle for it or something. So, looking back I remember having some sort of conversation about it but I don't remember if I agreed to it or not or any sort of mention of a magazine promotion etc. I don't see why I would agree to the gas card either because it sounds fishy to me anyways. So, the supervisor said she would investigate it and call me back. Well, I don't usually answer calls from people I don't know, and Ilost the 800 number they gave me and so now I'm worried that I will have a HUGEbill I cannot afford to pay. My husband says not to worry because we did not agree to anything.... but I'm still worried and each time I see a new magazine delivered to our house I get very anxious! any advice?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Some attorneys will do a free consultation. That's where I would start.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• now that I thik of it. I have a friend who is a lawyer, but I'm not sure what kind of stuff she deals with. We really cannot afford a lawyer :p
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Precious, yes you can afford a lawyer. I only pay $26 a month for ours and we have saved ourselves a ton of stress and money! From homelessnes,disabilty,lanlord issues,work related,traffic tickets,biulls etc.. our lawyer has dealt with it all. I will send  you a link to get more information.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• they haven't taken any money from our account for it.... but the bill keeps adding up each month!
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• thanks Iraqvetwife... that would be great!!!
    Precious333

• It sounds like either someone signed you up without your knowledge or you signed up for it unwittenly when doing something else online (this happens a lot). Start sending them back return to sender. Also, you might want to complain via mail as well as by phone because if you send a letter there's a paper trail.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• they said it was by phone....and I think I remember the conversation too. I wanted to write ir email, but i don't have theirs.
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010