My dough is not rising

the only thing i think i did wrong was to wait for the yeast to bubble in the water i added it directly to the mixture. can i do anything to correct the problem?

maryann327

Asked by maryann327 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can try to help it rise by placing it in a warm oven, but proofing the yeast is important. You can still bake it, it will just be really dense, and may be a bit hard, or you can toss it and start over.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Why is this in the "Health" category? I thought you were just being dirty when I saw the question title...
    elena_rae

Answer by elena_rae at 9:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'd say throw it out and start over if it does't rise after being in the wam oven, or it will be really hard. I had that happen to me w/my Gr-dd over trying to make cinnamon buns, I was soooooo disappointed.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Why is this in the Health section?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Was this moved or am I going crazy? This is Food & Drink right? As far as your question I agree with the first reply.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thank twinmommy it worked and my nut roll and poppy seed roll are very tasty. sorry about question being in wrong section.
    maryann327

Comment by maryann327 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010