This just seems to weird? adult content

So I've had this happen few times and it's kinda weirding me out. My son is almost 3 months old and a few times lately, like mainly when he just wakes up, when I go to change him it seems like he might have an erection or something. I mean his penis is just standing straight up and I went to brush the wipe over it and it was hard.
So here's the thing, is my baby getting an erection or is that he's just about to pee and that's what happens or what.
It's just yeah, it's weird to me.

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 8:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no he is probably getting an erection. I don't have boys, but I have read that boys do that. Its called the morning wood lol. Not only do they do it then they can get it from their diaper rubbing up against them and they even have it in the womb. My sister told me it freaked her out the first time as well lol. My nephew is 2.5 and she says every time she changes his diaper in the morning he does that. It is totally normal
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• He's either about to pee, or reacting to the cold air. My son's is the same way occasionally when I change him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It is completely normal.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They all have erections from birth on.....it isn't sexual, just a response. Automatic. Probably a response to cold or or having to pee.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It is totally normal. Mine used to do that as infants, and it almost always did that before they peed.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 8:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Its a natural reflex. Boy babies can have erection s while still in the womb.
    4psinapod

Answer by 4psinapod at 8:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yes its normal
    jov123

Answer by jov123 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• 4 boys later, I can tell you it's completely normal.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My boys always wake up with erections. Totally normal.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• normal
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010