I have always wonder why?

I have always wondered when it comes to the war with Iraq, people say we are fighting for our freedom. How is that? We were attacked on Sept 11 by terrorists nota country, not Iraq. We went to war due to some lies told to us, "They have weapons of mass destruction and we can't wait we need to go in and get them' Bush lies to us and we all know it, we started a war with a country for no other reason then selfish ones from our soon to be ex pres. aren't we fighting for the Iraq freedom? Can someone answer why they say we are fighting for our freedom.

Jenlos

Asked by Jenlos at 6:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I have no idea and have wondered that myself.

I am very proud of our troops for fighting for another country's freedom.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Whatever- it's pointless to discuss this with you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Good Question.

It has always been about Oil. If the country had nothing of interest to us, we wouldn't care if they killed each other off, or who was in power.

I think this country needs to stop indebting itself tending to other people's business. In this country there is crime and child abuse running rampant. Drugs and homelessness that can be dealt with. Imagine what we could do with all the money we spend fighting other people's battles?

Here's a thought. If the U.S. really wants to help "fix" a country, why not go to Mexico and fix the corruption that renders Government powerless to fix the conditions of living? So that people who live there can work and make enough money to support their families and not have to come here illegally to do it? Wouldn't that be killing two birds with one stone??
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• bush went to war with iraq because he had to finish the job his father couldnt if you remember bush number one went after sadaam but fail. so bush number two used the attacks to go into iraq he knew bin laden wasnt there or the WMD. he just had to one up his father
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 7:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• This is a good question. Interesting that no one who disagrees with you seems to be able to give an answer.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Bush was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. If Hussein did, in fact, have WMD's and used them on us, this country would be up in arms that Bush didn't do anything when he first heard about it.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It's always been about oil, in my opinion. His family is involved with Exxon and all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The Bush Admin. lied it's way into a war but you are surprised that they didn't tell the truth about why they did it?
    KC33

Answer by KC33 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The war in Iraq is about the WMD, so yall say there wasnt anything there. If you all so called remember they gave Iraqi women and children 3 days to get out before we bombed them. In the process they had dirt that was broken up and chemical test proved that there was weapons there. But where did they go? Hummmm, lets see into Iran, Pakistan and the mountains of Afghanistan. We gave them people 3 days and they moved the crap. We should went in and carpet bombed that whole country and it would of been done with. I dont disagree that Osama was behind 9/11, but he had his terriost pals in Iraq too.
    Anonymous

• Yall say this war was a waste of time and money. I beg to differ though. Saddam is out of power--his resign wont be out raping women and children, shooting innocent people, etc. No body wants to see the good that is going on over there, but here is some. I wont say military unit number but they have rebuilt schools, they are putting plumbing through out house over there, orghanages are being well equipped for the disabled. I could keep going but I wish you would all step back and realize that good things are happening.
    Anonymous