I just came out to my husband.

I didn't really know that I was gay until about three weeks ago and then my entire life just made sense. But I am married with two small children. I just told my husband I was leaving. Has anyone been through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• What happened 3 weeks ago that made you realize this? It seems really sudden but then again I'm not in your shoes. Whatever happens good luck to you.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am bi - but my DH has always known this. I am happy in our relationship...I hope that you can find peace and happiness whatever you decide. Here's a bump hoping it leads to more answers for you! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have not been through this myself but it happened to my aunt, except the opposite way around (her husband came out). It was devastating for her AND the kids. After 6 months of being gone and having his "fun" he changed his mind, but she was long gone and wanted nothing to do with him. The kids are still trying to establish a relationship with their father again and its been about a year and a half. They were old enough to understand it fully though. I hope this is something your sure about because it is MAJOR decision and 3 weeks seems awfully sudden. Good luck
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• 3 weeks does not seem like enough time to think through everything.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes...but it was my husband that came out to me after 11 years of marriage. He said he's known since he was 12, but wanted to "cover it up". I have no sympathy for him whatsoever...he has been an ass ever since he came out and has all but turned his back on his kids. I am moving forward, getting on with my life!
    Anonymous

• Exactly what Babylove said. I'm bi, my Husband has known since We met..but We are happy and committed to each other. Whatever you decide..make sure you follow your heart. Stay strong and do what makes you happy. You can't help what you want/feel.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm another bi mama (pansexual, actually), and have always been honest with DH about it. It's tough coming out. I hope everything works out as smoothly as possible for you. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• well no , please be carefull this may end as you dont expect , you may feel different in awhile again ,
    im totally straight , i have friends co-workers bi and gay all the way , you may simply just be needing a change to get out of a rut your in.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• GL to you. This is a serious move & decision you are making.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Op : My life just makes sense now. I have has crushes on girls my whole life. I just didn't realize what they were until now. I have never felt that way towards my husband or any boyfriend I have had. My heart beats fast I cannot breath.. I've never felt that way toward men. I've never been happier since I've admitted the truth to myself. But it's a hard situation to be in
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010