Cussing!!

My twin boys heard me jokingly call my boyfriend an a**hole when we were playing around in the living room. Well now when the boys are playing they call each other a**holes!! Ive tried just ignoring it and hopeing that they would forget the word and have been very careful not to repeat it, Ive tried telling them not to say that word and that mommy shouldnt say it either, that its a bad word... I dont know what else to do. They will be 4 in march and I really want to stop this before they repeat it at pre-k or to their father!(who would have a total meltdown!!) Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• im going through something diff , ill slip a cuss word or sometimes depending on whats on it will be on tv but my son will be like we dont say that mommy or we dont repeat that mommy he will even hear it on tv and he will be like ugh mommy we dont say that word thats a bd word and its not nice !
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• ll you can do is watch your mouth around them and continue t tell them not to say it and when they do put them in time out. My daughter picked up the word SHUT UP from grandma and she says it all the time and I cant get her to stop.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My advice would be to not make a big deal out of it, I think that only encourages them to say it. When they do say it, just tell them it's not nice or appropriate and that they shouldn't say it and leave it at that. I let things slip often, and surprisingly, my children don't use that type of language. Every once in a while though, they will go through spurts of saying naughty words like "crap" or something. I just calmly remind them not to and that's it. Good luck! Oh, and don't worry too much, most children say things in school or public in general that makes their parents cringe.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2010