shoulder surgery

HEy ladies, my hubby is going in for Arthoscopic Shoulder sugery next week to clean out scare tissue and to see if there is a possible tear and fix that. I am wondering if anyone has been through this? Can you tell me about recovery. The doc hasn't said anything, but I've heard that he won't be able to pick-up our 2 yr old for over 2 months. Any insight would be helpful! Thanks!

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I don't know, but good luck to him!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I had arthoscopic on my shoulder to fix a rotator cuff tear and tighten the muscles so it wouldn't dislocate anymore (that didn't work, but that is another story). Anyway, I wasn't even able to move my shoulder for the first week and then I started physical therapy. I wasn't able to lift anything significant with that arm for about 6 weeks. I could lift with my other arm though after a couple of weeks. GL to both of you.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My SO just had shoulder surgery in October.. he picks up my 15 month old and she's 25 lbs. He was really good with recovery.. they told him to sleep in the recliner that night after it was done to make it easier but he didn't, lol. Your DH should be fine with recovery as long as he's really careful with what he does afterwards. Right after it was done a week later his niece was born and was only only 6 lbs something and he couldn't hold her for long at all cause it hurt. Your DH should be able to hold her with the other arm though.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, when he starts feeling good because the pain is gone, don't let him lift or use that arm until the Dr has taken x-rays and given him the go ahead to use it. My sister didn't wait and paid dearly for it for the rest of her life! It's not worth it. I know it hard for us to be patient, especially if we are the working sort. But let me tell you, it will create more scar tissue and undo all the surgery that was done. Only the second time, it may not be repairable. Please have him read this. I don't want to see anyone suffer the way she did. Not all the pain medication in the world helped her. There was no relief. Don't make the same choice she did, please!!!! I hope this helps.

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 9:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I haven't but good luck!!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• bump!
    crazy4u49033

Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010