When is a good time to stop "last time feeding"

My daughter is 8 months. i still do last time feeding with her.. is this a bad thing??

Also she doesn't want to eat baby food anymore.... any good ideas of a meal plan for her... im just not sure what to feed her that would be good for her for lunch dinner and breakfast..

Please any advice.. thanks :)

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean she still nurses just before bedtime? That's usually the last feeding to go, and personally I wouldn't rush to end it if it's still important to her. I'm biased though, my ds is 9 months old and even though he gets a little solid food three times a day, he is still primarily bf. The AAP recommends going for at least a year (and the WHO recommends two years); there's absolutely nothing wrong with nursing at 8 months!
    htvtphoenix

Answer by htvtphoenix at 7:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• my dd was eating table food at 9m. She can eat anything you eat as long as she has enough teeth and she knows how to chew. But i started my dd off with grilled cheese with very little butter. and now i give her those graduate meals she loves them the only one she cant eat is pasta stars and meat with green beans. the meat it to tough for her to cute. oh for breakfast mine normally get cereal like fruit loops or cherrios. you will find what works for her. Good luck. By the way my dd is 10m now. And she only gets a bottle at nap time. the rest of the day she gets water or juice in her cup.
    Anonymous