What can I use to get rid of the hair growing under my chin?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My sister has hair growing there and gets it professionally waxed I believe. She's quite hairy, like a darn goat.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's hormonal. If you are on birth control or any other types of hormones, or if you are just not producing enough, you will get some stray hairs. You can pluck it, you can use an epilator, or you can have it professionally waxed or threaded.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I just pluck mine. I'm not a goat and I don't take birth control but I get about 15 to 20 of them and they grow super fast. I wish the hair on my head grew that fast.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• A razor.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 10:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• well , depending on how much , just pluck them as needed
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• wax it and use the lotion that reduces regrowth
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i dont know... over the years (starting when i was about 16!!) it was just a hair or 2 i needed to pluck on occasion.. then 2 grew to 4 grew to 8.... u get the picture...
    When I was pregnant.. OMG! Hair growth just went CRAZY! I would wax the whole underneath of my chin..
    My dd is 4 now & ive noticed my mustache has gotten darker. side burns are too... im slowly turning into a 18yo boy! :-(
    I bleach about 1x week... and pluck every time I leave the house :(.... Im afraid to wax anymore.. there is alot of "fine" hair that i dont want to make thicker by pulling out (seems the more i pull the thicker it comes!)
    Its very upsetting.. I should go to the dr. but its HUMILIATING! i dont even discuss it with my husband!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Whatever you do, don't shave it! I pluck mine and have quite a few of them. I'm sure waxing would work the best but I don't have the patience to let the hair grow long enough to wax it. I'm so self concious I pluck the hair as soon as I can see it.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've been plucking, shaving, waxing for 10 years. For Christmas I asked my husband for laser hair removal after I heard of a special at a medical spa where you buy one area and get 2 free.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010