Would this work? (BBQ Chicken idea)

Ok, I'm definitely not culinary gifted lol. I'm still learning to cook (very slowly, I might add). I'm really good with baking, but I haven't really done anything else.

I have some chicken breasts that I really need to use soon, so I was thinking of digging out my tiny crock pot (serves 2-3 people) and taking two of the chicken breasts and adding a bunch of BBQ sauce and cooking it overnight with some chopped onion.

Would that work? Do I need to chop up the chicken first? I've never cooked with a crock pot, that's more my husband's area, so I'm pretty lost lol. I've been looking for recipes and I found something similar to this (it had a few other ingredients, though), but said nothing about whether or not the chicken needed to be cut up. Thanks ladies! Sorry if this was dumb lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• it will only take 4 hours at the most to cook and be shreddable. if you cook that small amount over night you risk burning it.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You shouldn't need to cut it up. Once it's done you should be able to separate it with a fork to mix it all up.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• it will cook faster if it is chopped up but if you are already cooking it overnight then I don't think you should need to chop it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks! I figured that was the case, but like I said, I have no experience with slow cooking food.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010