Elizabeth Edwards dies at age 61, John by her side, do you think that they reconciled?

I think that she may have understood why John cheated. She was sick. He was insecure without her. What are your thoughts?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• They probably forgave eachother. I hope so, anyway.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's good that he was there, I'm sure they shared much more than we'll ever know. May she rest in peace.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• From what I read it sounded like she never really held anything against him, hopefully the whole family was at peace with each other when she passed.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No they didn't reconcile and there is no understanding of why he or any man cheats. The cheat because they are selfish pigs. He was by her side because it would make him look good in the public eye...PERIOD!!! She was a good women. It sucks when I see women like her and gorgeous celebrities like Sandra Bullock get cheated on...I firmly believe that the common women like us have no chance in hell!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I dont think they reconciled. SHe forgave because she did not want to have her last days full of anger and spite. SHe really seems to savor her family and the true meaning of what time together means. I believe he was by her side because he still loves her as the wife he had for so many years and the mother of his kids. YES he is selfish but that is not why he stood by her side in her last days. Its very sad to see her pass.
    Anonymous

• Whoa Should! Well I hope that they did reconcile. I hope that she closed her eyes with love in her heart and peace on her lips.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That's beautiful Anon!
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• There IS NO excuse for cheating. I think he's a major jerk. I hope she goes to Heaven and is no longer in pain.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 10:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I doubt they reconciled and the excuses that were listed for why he cheated are just that, excuses. It does not make his cheating ok. She may have forgave him and still loved him. He may still have loved her but she didn't deserve to be cheated on and lied too. No one does. I think they just were grown up enough to be there for each other at the end of her life and for him to be there for his kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I was anon I actually work in hopice not that it helped me explain that but I feel for her and the family as I work with families everday that must watch their loved one pass away.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2010