Charting....what do you think?

Okay well I'm on CD 13 and still no Posittive OPK yet but I never get one early...my doc thinks I just naturally ovulate late which I know its not impossible to get pregnant just makes it rather difficult since that means my luetal Phase is kinda on the short side. Just wanted to put up a link to my chart. I have low temps that seems to be normal for me cause I do have hypothyroidism. It looks like I might be getting a pre ovualtion dip but not sure what to think yet. I'm using the Clearblue Digital OPK's with the smiley face this month. I hope I ovulate earlier then normal this cycle. Any input helps THANKS!!

heres the link....

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2c6ede

Jess21608

Asked by Jess21608 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It's possible, but the thing with temps is that you don't know until after the fact, if that makes sense. One temp in and of itself means nothing; you're looking for patterns.

As an aside, my luteal phase averages 10-12 days (or did pre-pregnancy, shorter now with breastfeeding, which is normal, just FYI), and I had no problems getting pregnant. Less than 10 days is when you start to see possible issues. And I don't think low temps have anything to do with anything, as long as you get an upward shift after ovulation to indicate adequate levels of progesterone. My follicular phase temps have always been in the low- to mid-96's, luteal phase in the low-97's, so that in itself shouldn't be an issue, either.

Good luck!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• How long is your cycle usually?

Late ovulation does not necessary equal a short luteal phase. I never ovulate until day 24 and I have a 13 day luteal phase. As long as it's 11 days (some people can get away with 10) or more then you are fine.
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies...My cycle is between 28 and 29 days...I have never gotten a postiive OPK earlier then CD 16 usually its like CD 19.
    Jess21608

Comment by Jess21608 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You may have a luteal phase defect. If that's the case some vitex, Fertility Blend or Progestron supplement can help normalize it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yeah I have been on vitex for 3 months now...I know it takes about that long to work but I noticed good things about 3 weeks after using it...I'm hoping this will be my month for my BFP!
    Jess21608

Comment by Jess21608 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010