Is 8 weeks too early to sleep train my twins?

My twins are sleeping with me in my bed, despite my better judgement and I need them to move into their own room. HELP!

LBD3910

Asked by LBD3910 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope. at 8 wks i had my dd going to bed at 8pm every night. although she was in the bassinet next to the bed until she was about 3 1/2 months. her room wasn't ready yet :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Baby Whisperer says you can sleep train them asap (by putting down a routine).
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 10:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sleep training is awful. babioes wake up in the night because they NEED to eat, they NEED to nourishment that overnight feedings give them. Without that feeding they are missing out on all the calories, and nutrients that you aren't giving them. They are still way to small to sleep more than 4-6 hrs at a time. But if they are waking up even every 2 hours there is a good BIOLOGICAL reason for it... THEY NEED IT.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I will feed my babies if they are hungry. I'm curious to know if its ok to let them cry a little once I know they are fed, clean, and sleepy to get them in their own beds. If they wake in the night I will of course go to them and tend to their needs whatever it may be.
    LBD3910

Comment by LBD3910 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think they are too young to let them cry it out at night. 8 weeks if very young to do this.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• 8 weeks is way too young, especially if the babies were a little premature. If you need them out of your bed, you could still keep them in your room in a side bed, a basinet, or crib. It gets easier, and this is only a short time in their lives. You can do it!! :)

squish

Answer by squish at 1:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yeah it's okay to let them fuss a little. no harm in that. my baby never slept in my bed. but they were always close by.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Even sleep training experts say not before six months.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• omg...ok here's what i did. i'd lay my dd down at 7:30. i would let me dd FUSS for a couple minutes, if she started crying, 1 minute later i'd go get her. (sometimes 1 minute of crying was all she needed to fall asleep. and when i say 1 minute, i mean it literally) i'd get her, rock her, change her, whatever it was she needed. then i'd try again. i'd do the same process all over again. in a week she was going to bed at 8pm every night. which was great, cuz that was my ds's bedtime as well. of course she woke up 2 maybe 3 times a night to eat. she was 8wks old! it wasn't until she was 6 months when i started letting her cry for a few minutes in the middle of the night before i went and fed her. after a week of that, (she was only waking up once by that time) she slept through the night, and has slept through the night ever since (with the exception of when she was sick), she's now 2 1/2.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010