What side is your apendix on? Where?

My right side hurts really bad, around my pelvic bone area.

SheriesMom

Asked by SheriesMom at 10:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• It's on the right side of your abdomen. Mine was taken out 22 yrs ago, and the pain was like a knot in the middle of my stomach, but it was close to bursting when I got to the hospital.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It is on the right side but it is above your pelvic bone. It's a few inches below your belly button height.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Agree with above. If the pain is real low on the right side it could be ovaries or a variety of things....pain can travel. Best to have it checked on.

I had similar pain, and it was an ovarian cyst that burst(had no idea I had it) ouch!

feel better
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• WOw. I knew my appendix was on the right side when I was in grade school. It looks ;like Cafe Mom is inhabited by kids.......
    Ask your Doctor....call and tell them your symptoms. We are not Doctors.
    Anonymous

• You ought to call your doctor. Your appendix is in your right lower quadrant (not always in the exact same spot). Call tonight if you haven't already.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

****************

REALLY? no need to be mean...

*yes it's on the right. have it checked out.
    I had SERIOUS pain and vomiting and went to the hospital, they told me it was soemthing with my ovaries and I'd be fine (went on weekend-when they found out I had state ins. form a different state) and sent me home 2 days later. Then after about 5 days I was SO SICK and could barely even walk or anything-constant horrible pain I went back- I was told that it had burst and there was NO WAY they should have sent me home the first time. I ended up in the hospital for 8 days.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• *also when asked, I could not really pinpoint where the pain was-it seemed it was everywhere
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• feel better

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 4:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010