How long to wait...?

Ladies, how far along were you before you started buying things for the baby? Im a little superstitous about shopping too early in case things go wrong (unfortunately, you just never know), but buying a little at a time takes alot of the financial shock of getting everything all at once towards the end of pregnancy. Anyways, just wondering how long most of you waited to start shopping-Thanks!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I started shopping pretty much the instant I found out I was pregnant! My first pregnancy I shopped clearance sales for clothes for either gender, figuring I would either keep the wrong gender clothes for the next time or give them to other people having kids. Also bought lots of stuff (bedding and whatnot) that could be for either gender. I did miscarry that one....and the next one....and the next one....but through the years of expecting and hoping, I just kept accumulating things, and it did help to not have to buy everything at once. Start with stuff you know you will need (like bottles, crib, changing table, dresser, monitors, swing/bouncer, diapers, etc.) that can be used for either gender. What you can also do is instead of buying stuff, is every time you have money you could buy stuff with, put it on a gift card for wherever you plan on buying baby stuff. That way you have the money when the time comes. :)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• With our first child, I started shopping right away. I had a feeling he was a boy and I was right. =)

Then we lost the next three pregnancies so not only did I not shop, I actually got rid of every baby thing in our house.

And of course a few weeks later I got pregnant again. lol I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow. We found out we're having a girl yesterday an we started buying stuff a few weeks ago. Diapers, wipes, etc. Gender neutral stuff. I'm looking forward to starting to really shop for our little lady, now!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 12:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• an item a week is amazing! and one big item a week. save certain things for baby shower. if something g-d forbid goes wrong just save it all. good luck!
    mamajennie31010

Answer by mamajennie31010 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i got everything i needed at the baby shower with my son. so i'm waiting til my baby shower for my daughter.:)
    romomomof2

Answer by romomomof2 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2010