switching to similac, is that crazy? The liquid Ready to use.

My daughter is on Nutramigen (VERY EXPENSIVE) the doc said I could try and change her to wherver she was on b4 well she tried both Enfomil and Similac b4 so I was going to go back to Similac Ready to use fromula, is that crazy after the recall on the powder. Would you or do you still use the liquid or did you switch right over to enfomil?

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 10:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the Enfamil Lipil Powder and my kids did very well on that. I like the powder better and my kids were less gassy on that.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The powder was only recalled because one little beetle MAY have been in a batch of it. And that is long over as far as I know. But they say Similac, especially the ready to use, tastes the best because it is sweetest. Your baby will probably love it after being on Nutramigen.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Crafty, My doctor doesn't want her on powder he says powder is not good for babies! but it really doesn't matter anyway she doesn't like powder spits it out and won't drink it! lol

Thanks so much Carrie I hope she does like and and doesn't have to stay on the Nutramigen she is 4.5 months and been on it since week 2, we can't get help we were only $50 shy of being able to get help so this is REALLY breaking us!
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Relactate. Your breast milk is perfect for your baby and is free.
    BFlady

Answer by BFlady at 11:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• How is she suppose to relactate if her babies going on 5 months, by the time she build up her milk to only nurse the baby will be on cows milk. With my first dd I sent Parent Choice (walmart) to the sitter, and nursed when I wasn't working. That was the only brand she didn't spit up and was only like 12 something for the big can but I always bought the smallers ones becasue they were always on sale for 5 dollars a can and you got more that way. That was the powdered tho, I'm not sure what the instant was sorry. Did you try the wic program I know you said you tried to get help but I wasn't sure what program. Good luck!
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• BFlady I TRIED Breastfeeding and it wasn't for me and that wasn't my question anyway, I am tired of a handfull of you constantly saying that even though that WASN'T THE QUESTION!!!!

letlovegrow yes it was the WIC program that I tried :(
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would say that you should do what you think is best. If your doctor said its' ok to put her on Similac ready to use, then I would do that. My son had liquid when he was in the hospital he did just fine. I did powder mostly with him but yes there's no harm in trying to see what works for your baby.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• BFlady, are you an a-hole? That is going too far.
    Anonymous

• I switched to enfamil when the similac recall was out but I went back and havent had any problems, and the ready made stuff wasnt on the recall list to began with, I am no fan of formula but I thought enfamil smelled toxic I didnt want to give that to my son
    jadensmom14

Answer by jadensmom14 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• So when is posting your honest opinion make you an a hole? i thought this was for opinions and advice? well im sorry if i offended anyone for having an opinion. i will post honest opinions anonymously like everyone else from now on. FYI i have known women who relactated after 5 mos. if the baby cant tolerate formula then why not try?
    BFlady

Answer by BFlady at 9:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2010