Do you ever have a dream you can't remember? Does is drive you crazy, trying to?

I ask, because I suffer from Fibromyalgia,and one of the biggest symptoms is sleep interruption, or insomnia, even. I take Melatonin at night, unless the pain is so bad I have to take a Hydrocodone, but I save those for the really bad nights. Lately, I have been having some really weird dreams, and when I wake up, I can kinda remember bits and pieces, but the whole thing otherwise is a blur. I guess if they were very important, I would remember, but I just can't figure out why all of a sudden this is happening. I don't dream often, and this is a new thing. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks for all the help, in advance, ladies!

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I have dreams ALL the time. Sometimes I can remember sometimes not. I don't know if it's from the meds you take or not. Don't let it bother you too much. Dreams are just dreams! Nothing to stress over.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No...that's how it works...by the time you wake up you remember 50-75% of the dream by about five minutes it's down to 30-50% and by 10 minutes it's almost completely gone. The melatonin also has something to do with it. If you want to remember your dreams have a note pad and pencil next to your bed and the second you wake up, jot down some notes or bullets. Also, do you know that you body naturally makes melatonin and if you start taking it to frequently, you body will slow or stop it's natural production and that could cause even worse insomnia later. I know because I suffer from insomnia. Have you tried herbal remedies like Valerian Root, Lobelia, Red Clover or a nice sleep tea (send me a message if you want a good sleep tea recipte). You can switch back and forth between these and not take them consecutively night after night so your body doesn't adapt to any one and they will all continue working.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No, I didn't know that, shouldhaveleft. Thanks for the tip. And, yes, I'd really like that herbal tea recipe, if you don't mind sending it to me. I'm wiling to try anything to help me sleep. The pain pills knock me out, but that's a slippery slope I'm not wiling to go down. Cindy, thanks, also.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yea, but I usually have pretty vivid dreams. I recall most of them.

hugs

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 4:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Keep a journal next to your bed.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 4:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010