Annual exam - kinda silly

lol do you go over the top preparing got it? Like shaving, waxing, extra cleansing, wearing the best underware you have, when you have to go to the ob/gyn for you annual exam? lol I know I am not the only woman that does. What is something extra you do for that day?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• i don't do anything out of the ordinary. I wax every 3 weeks and shave everyday and I also cleanse with a wipe almost everytime I go to the bathroom so I really don't need to do anything else.

I am sure that your doctor appreciates that you clean but the rest...they don't really care.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I just make sure I take a shower the morning of the exam and wear clean underwear. I dont care what they think, it's for my own good and it's not like I see them on a daily basis
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't do anything special. Just shower and wear clean underwear. I only see her once a year, I don't really care what she thinks, and she's not allowed to talk about it, anyway.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Shave and shower. That's all.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• There have been a couple times I didn't shave my legs and I was a bit embarrassed, but if I don't wind up having time to shave oh well. as long as I take a shower before I go, I don't worry about it.
    Usually they tell me nothing inserted for the day before, this time they told me three days before?!?! If my fertile window happens to include the day two days before my appointment, they are just shit outta luck. I'll stick with the one day rule, not gonna miss my fertile window. Is that horrible? What does your doc tell you about non-insertion?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yeah true. As long as you do the normal routine your good. I know some people go like really out the way or I hear stories where some gals don't...eeewwww lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Shave shower clean and cute undies usually new lol (my excuse for underwear shopping ) and that's it
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have never had a doc tell me not to insert something. Same time I have never had a fertility issue or went to the doc about trying to convieve...lol they were like NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO take this birth control no babies! lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I try to make sure my toes are painted. I keep them painted all year long anyway but I just make sure the polish is not chipping. I make sure my feet look good.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I just shower, and maybe shave my legs. I used to perform paps, so I know that providers really don't look at that stuff. As long as you're clean, they're not concerned. They're looking for pink, healthy tissue, not how groomed you are.
    No doctor I know sees your underwear, so I don't know why one would worry about that one.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010