what was your worst first?

What was your worst first time anything: baking a pie from scratch, driving in a new city, etc. Anything funny or just awful you want to share.
Mine was baking biscuits. they looked perfect, paper thin and ROCK HARD they would of been awesome teething biscuits or dog treats lmao.
Funny part they smelled WONDERFUL!

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My worst first date... He was older and picked Chinese food,,, I hated Chinese food. He talked about himself the whole time and then showed me the check and asked me how much to tip!!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I was dying to make bakery style butter cookies. I made a huge batch and must have used too much flour. The cookies were so crumbly and floury that when you took a bite you inhaled flour. They were okay dipped in milk but otherwise quite a disaster.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• one of my first times baking a cake alone..from scratch. I think i was around ten.. instead of baking powder i put baking SODA.. i don't remember what else was in the chocolate cake, but it fizzed in your mouth for a minute, after that it tasty pretty good.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The first time I ever cooked a turkey I didn't know the innards were stuffed inside in a bag. The turkey was on the table and my Mom noticed something inside and pulled the bag out in front of everyone! That was many many moons ago though! :0)
    KittenLangley

Answer by KittenLangley at 11:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My first real kiss... It was in 7th grade and my bf at the time shoved his tounge in my mouth and when he pulled away there was a string of grool.... UGH makes me sick just thinking about it... needless to say I broke up with him the next day
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Public speaking!

In Ohio in 1985, I met Mel Blanc before the show and then after. Mel did the voice to Bugs Bunny, Tweety Bird, Sylvester,etc. We was a VERY sweet man.

After his 'show' of how he came about doing voices, and for what characters the audience could ask questions....etc. Well the LAST one I stood up.

I said,"I don't exactly have a question but I am sure I speak on behalf of everyone here in this room tonight, that because of you and the character's you created and the joy that you brought through your characters with our Saturday morning cartoons in the 50's and 60's and 70's, we all love the work you have done through the years and we all thank you and love you for laughs you've given us"

Well, he stood up there on the stage at the Univ. Of Cincinnati's auditorium, he smiled and he said to me,"Can you repeat that again______I didn't quite hear you!"

(CONT.)
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• (CONT.)

So Im standing there, knees knocking and there are over 1,000 people all around me.........I said,"Sure Mr. Blanc but I will flub it up!"

So I repeated it almost all of it the way I had said it...........and he said," You know what ________ ???? I heard you right the first time. That was such a sweet thing for you to say that I wanted to hear it again from you!!!!! I appreciate that. I Love all of you too!"

We all laughed and everyone stood up and clapped!

Afterwards he thanked me and signed his photo that he gave out and when he saw that I was my Moms daughter ( he had met her earlier in the day and spent time with her in her office at the Univ. ) he said, I know where you got your sweetness from! "

Mr. Blanc was a very sweet man and gave everyone joy from his cartoon characters! And still to this day!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• worst night ever. coming home from florida ALONE and was in NC on a layover and then 4 hour delay i meet up with a friend and we went driving around and kept checking on the flight. check again around the time i would have to go back and it said flight boarding. got back with 5 mins to get to the gate BUT security was already closed. security wouldn't let me through. i was stuck in NC and had to explain that i missed my flight home because i left the airport to hang out with a guy. then i had to call him back to airport and let me sleep at his house for him to drive me at 6am to my NEW flight. never talked to him again...
    mamajennie31010

Answer by mamajennie31010 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2010